Soups and Salads
Tomato & Peach Panzanella Salad
- Make sure oranges are free of soft spots and too many blemishes
- Storage: On the counter for 3-4 days, or in the fridge for up to two weeks. Cold oranges make a great refreshing snack.
- Mandarins and tangerines are best for snacking, but can also be put into salads. Valencia are best for juicing, while navels and blood oranges are best for eating fresh.
- Winter is orange season!
- Carrots come in various colors — you’ve likely seen bunches of purple, yellow, and orange carrots. Carrot flavors range anywhere from sweet and sugary to piney and woody. The common carrot you find in stores is designed to be an all-purpose, sweeter carrot that can be enjoyed both raw and cooked.
- Real baby carrots are young carrots. Otherwise they have been shaved (milled) down.
- High in beta-carotene, which is converted to Vitamin A – that’s why they are called carrots (carotene), and that’s why you always hear they are good for your eyes.
- Choose carrots that are brightly colored. That’s how you know when they were picked at the peak of ripeness. That’s when they will be the sweetest. Carrots that were picked too soon will taste bitter and woody.
- Remove the skin. May cause bitter taste. Plus, if you’re serving them whole, it’ll look prettier.
- Save with tops — remove them to avoid bitter taste.
- Don’t throw away the carrot tops! Use them in stock, pesto, salads, or as a garnish. They give a light carrot flavor.
Apple, Fennel & Celery Salad
Caramel Coated Walnuts
Green Bean & Root Vegetable Salad
Sweet Corn Salad
Shaved Asparagus Salad
White Bean & Beef StewIngredients1 ½ lbs chuck roast2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided1 large yellow onion, sliced3 large carrots, sliced ¾” thick4 cloves garlic, sliced⅓ cup cup tomato paste1 cup dry white wine1 tbsp paprika1 tbsp coriander1 tbsp...
Whipped Goat Cheese with DatesIngredients8 oz log plain goat cheese6 oz crème fraîche2 tbsp extra virgin olive oilSalt & pepper2 slices thick-cut bacon, cubed2 small shallots, sliced1 tsp thyme, chopped¼ cup pecans, roughly chopped1 cup Deglet Dates, chopped1...
Tomato & Peach Panzanella SaladIngredients3 cups bread, sliced into 1” cubes2 peaches, cut into ½” slices4 heirloom tomatoes, quartered or sliced into large wedges1 tbsp chopped basil1 tbsp chopped mint1 tsp chopped chives 4 oz fresh baby arugula2 oz balls...
Sweet Corn Polenta with Crispy ProsciuttoIngredients5 ears fresh sweet corn2 tbsp lightly salted butter1 tsp red pepper flakes¾ cup whole milk2 containers (about 32 oz) cherry tomatoessalt & pepperZa'atar2 oz parmesan, freshly grated basil, for garnish2 balls...
Spanakopita with TzatzikiIngredients1 package phyllo pastry dough4 tbsp butter, melted2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil1 lb fresh baby spinach2 tbsp fresh dill, chopped2 tbsp fresh oregano, chopped1 large shallot, diced2 egss4 oz fetasalt4 cloves of grarlic, minced2 tbsp...