Sides and Appetizers
Whipped Goat Cheese with Dates
Spanakopita with Tzatziki
- Spinach belongs to the chenopodiaceae family (also known as goosefoot), a family of nutritional powerhouses including beets, chard and quinoa. It shares a similar taste profile with these two other vegetables; the bitterness of beet greens and the slightly salty flavour of chard.
- Spinach is available all year round but is in season during the spring (March – June)
- High in iron
- Three types of fresh spinach are widely available: Savoy, flat-leaf, and baby. Baby spinach is harvested before its mature, so the flavor and texture is much more delicate
- It should be stored loosely packed in a sealed plastic bag in the fridge where it will keep for about four days.
- Don’t wash spinach before storing since the moisture will cause it to spoil
- Use stem as a “holder” when grating
- It can be eaten raw! Just slice thin.
- Removing water from zucchini does two things: prevents water from coming out into dish, AND intensifies the natural flavor of the squash
Avocado Egg Rolls
Cheddar & Chive Biscuits
Endive Boats with Sautéed Apple & Bacon
Smoked Trout Guacamole
Chicken Skewers with Minty Walnut Pesto
White Bean & Beef StewIngredients1 ½ lbs chuck roast2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided1 large yellow onion, sliced3 large carrots, sliced ¾” thick4 cloves garlic, sliced⅓ cup cup tomato paste1 cup dry white wine1 tbsp paprika1 tbsp coriander1 tbsp...
Whipped Goat Cheese with DatesIngredients8 oz log plain goat cheese6 oz crème fraîche2 tbsp extra virgin olive oilSalt & pepper2 slices thick-cut bacon, cubed2 small shallots, sliced1 tsp thyme, chopped¼ cup pecans, roughly chopped1 cup Deglet Dates, chopped1...
Tomato & Peach Panzanella SaladIngredients3 cups bread, sliced into 1” cubes2 peaches, cut into ½” slices4 heirloom tomatoes, quartered or sliced into large wedges1 tbsp chopped basil1 tbsp chopped mint1 tsp chopped chives 4 oz fresh baby arugula2 oz balls...
Sweet Corn Polenta with Crispy ProsciuttoIngredients5 ears fresh sweet corn2 tbsp lightly salted butter1 tsp red pepper flakes¾ cup whole milk2 containers (about 32 oz) cherry tomatoessalt & pepperZa'atar2 oz parmesan, freshly grated basil, for garnish2 balls...
Spanakopita with TzatzikiIngredients1 package phyllo pastry dough4 tbsp butter, melted2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil1 lb fresh baby spinach2 tbsp fresh dill, chopped2 tbsp fresh oregano, chopped1 large shallot, diced2 egss4 oz fetasalt4 cloves of grarlic, minced2 tbsp...