- Great substitute for those who are lactose intolerant
- Once opened, transfer the contents to a resealable container and refrigerate. Use within a few days. The high oil content makes coconut quickly turn rancid if not stored under proper conditions.
- Most common is white, but purple, green, and even yellow varieties are available.
- Why is it called cauliflower? Because it’s actually a flower that hasn’t yet developed.
- Has a neutral taste so it can take on a lot of different flavors.
- Available pretty much year round. Most come from California where it can grow 10 mo. yearly.
- Orange cauliflower is also dubbed “cheddar” cauliflower, though it tastes nothing like cheese. Its flavor is mild, slightly sweet, and creamy. Purple cauliflower is mild and slightly sweet with nutty nuances.
- How to choose cauliflower: It should feel heavy for it size, and the leaves should look fresh and vibrant. Wilted leaves indicate an older head of cauliflower.
- Add lemon juice to water when boiling to maintain white color
Ground Turkey Knowledge
- Low calorie, high in protein
- Compared to beef, much less saturated fat and cholesterol.
- Options: Like beef, there are fat ratio options. Go for 90/10 or 85/15. These are combos of breast meat and dark meat.
- Use it to substitute ground beef in almost any recipe – meatballs, bolognese, tacos, and even burgers.
- Has a subtle flavor.
Shrimp & Scallop Bake
Honey Mustard Chicken
Basil Pesto Topped Salmon
Seared Skirt Steak with Peach Chimichurri
Roast Pork with Strawberry Sauce
Potato & Zucchini Waffles
Spicy Sweet Potato & Beef Stew
Farm to Fork
Spinach KnowledgeSpinach belongs to the chenopodiaceae family (also known as goosefoot), a family of nutritional powerhouses including beets, chard and quinoa. It shares a similar taste profile with these two other vegetables; the bitterness of beet greens and the...
Coconut KnowledgeGreat substitute for those who are lactose intolerantOnce opened, transfer the contents to a resealable container and refrigerate. Use within a few days. The high oil content makes coconut quickly turn rancid if not stored under proper...
Zucchini KnowledgeUse stem as a "holder" when gratingIt can be eaten raw! Just slice thin. Removing water from zucchini does two things: prevents water from coming out into dish, AND intensifies the natural flavor of the squashIngredients2 pie crusts, thawed according...
Peach KnowledgeSeek out peaches that are heavy for their size, as that’s usually a good indicator that the fruit will be juicy.Press peaches gently at the top near where the stem was—if the flesh yields slightly, the fruit is ripe and ready to eat. Harder peaches can...
Orange KnowledgeMake sure oranges are free of soft spots and too many blemishesStorage: On the counter for 3-4 days, or in the fridge for up to two weeks. Cold oranges make a great refreshing snack.Mandarins and tangerines are best for snacking, but can also be put...