Crispy Deviled Eggs with Tomato Hollandaise Sauce Recipe [Watch Video]
6 eggs, boiled and peeled
3 tbsp mayonnaise
1 tsp dijon mustard
2 tsp turmeric
salt, pepper to taste
¼ cup breadcrumbs
½ cup vegetable oil
For the Tomato Hollandaise Sauce:
2 large egg yolks
1½ tablespoons lemon juice
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Pinch of cayenne pepper
6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, melted and hot
1 tbsp tomato paste
1. Cut eggs lengthwise and set aside, placing egg yolks in a medium-sized bowl.
2. To egg yolk bowl, add mayonnaise, mustard, and turmeric. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Carefully stuff each egg half with yolk mixture, being careful not to over-stuff.
4. Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Pour breadcrumbs into bowl. Then, one by one, dip eggs (yolk side down) into bread crumbs, and dry yolk-side down. Fry until egg whites gain color and breadcrumbs are browned.
5. To make the hollandaise sauce, put egg yolks, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper in a blender. Blend until smooth, about 20 seconds. With the blender on low, drizzle in the hot butter and blend until thick and smooth. Finally, add in the tomato paste and
blend for a few more seconds, until combined.
6. Serve crispy deviled eggs over warm hollandaise immediately.