Creamy Rice Pudding with Caramelized Peaches Recipe
4 tbsp dark brown sugar
1 tbsp butter, melted
3 peaches, quartered
¾ cup Arborio rice, cooked
2 cups skim milk
¼ cup white sugar
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 egg, whisked
1 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 400. Combine brown sugar, butter, and peaches in a baking dish, and bake for 15 minutes, or until peaches are soft and caramelized.
2. In a medium-sized pot, combine arborio rice, 1 ½ cups milk, white sugar, and a pinch of salt. Simmer over medium heat, until rice has absorbed the milk.
3. In a small bowl, whisk the egg, and add a small spoonful of rice to temper it.
3. Add remaining ½ cup milk, vanilla extract, egg, and cinnamon to pot of rice. Stir and cook for 1-2 more minutes, until pudding is thick and creamy.
4. To serve pudding, place in individual serving dishes and top with a slice of caramelized peach. If desired, garnish with basil.
Rice Pilaf-Stuffed Cornish Hens Recipe
1 cup brown rice, cooked in chicken stock
2 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 medium onion, diced
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp cinnamon
1 carrot, shredded
3 tbsp cranberries
3 tbsp slivered almonds
¼ cup cilantro, chopped
2 cornish game hens
1. Preheat oven to 400. Remove hens from refrigerator to take the chill off while stuffing is prepared.
2. In a large pan, heat olive oil and saute onion until slightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add in garlic, paprika, cinnamon, carrots, almonds, and cranberries. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Finally, add cooked brown rice and saute for 3-4 more minutes.
4. Place hens on roasting pan, and stuff each generously with pilaf. Season each hen with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Roast for 30-45 minutes, or until hens are cooked through.