Roast Pork with Starwberry Sauce
1 lb. pork tenderloin, silver skin removed
4 sprigs rosemary, minced
salt, pepper to taste
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp butter
Balsamic Strawberry Sauce (recipe follows)
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. In a shallow dish, or directly on a cutting board, coat tenderloin with rosemary, salt, and pepper. Press seasonings into tenderloin with your hands to ensure it's well coated on all sides.
3. In an oven-safe pan, heat olive oil and butter over medium-high heat. When oil mixture it hot, add pork tenderloin and sear until browned, about 2 minutes per side.
4. When tenderloin is nice and browned on all sides, transfer to oven and roast until the internal temperature is about 140-degrees Fahrenheit.
5. Slice and serve immediately with balsamic strawberry sauce.
Balsamic Starwberry Sauce
1 lb strawberries, hulled and sliced in half
¼ cup balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp dark brown sugar
pinch of salt
1. Place a saucepan over medium heat. Add all ingredients and cook until strawberries release their juices and sauce thickens, about 10 minutes.
2. Remove from heat, transfer to bowl, and serve immediately.
Angel Food Cake with Ricotta Creme and Balsamic Strawberries
Store-bought angel food cake (or homemade!)
1 cup full-fat ricotta cheese
2 tbsp honey (or 1 tbsp powdered sugar)
Zest 1 lemon
Balsamic Strawberry Sauce (recipe above)
1. In a bowl, combine ricotta cheese, honey, and lemon zest, and stir until well combined.
2. Serve over a slice of angel food cake, and top with a spoonful of the balsamic strawberry sauce. Garnish with basil, if desired.